Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anthropologie plate

I have had my eye on this cute plate from Anthropologie for a while now. It is very simple, but a little whimsical. The only problems were, 1 that it is $28.00... for a plate! And 2, maybe I am not deep enough to get it, but the poem excerpt on the plate didn't do much for me. So I went to Michaels and picked up a porcelain pen. (Michaels is the only craft store I have found them in so far.) I picked out a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, cut a curly cue from a piece of paper for a template and wrote it on. You are supposed to let it dry for 24 hrs then bake the plate to set the pen. After that it says it is even dishwasher safe, although, I am not really worried about that as this is more for display than eating purposes.


Here is how it turned out.





My plate isn't as simple as the Anthropologie one. I got this one at Nell Hills as a pair to hang in my dining room but one of them broke. So the only cost of this project was $3.99 for the pen. But if you don't have a plate on hand I have seen simple white plates at Target that are very inexpensive. 

Here it is propped up in my Dining room. Its final place will be in the kitchen but this worked for getting pictures taken!

This could be really cute for Valentines day with love quotes or something. Go grab a Porcelain pen and get creative!


Linking up to:
HookingupwithHoH


4 comments:

  1. I love those Anthro plates and was thinking, "There must be some way to do this." So glad you had that idea because yours is awesome. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You did a great job...and I like the quote you picked! Would you consider sharing it here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/shine-on-fridays-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh.. this is cute! And so simple! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I've seen the plates at Anthropologie and loved them! What really impresses me is your HANDWRITING!!! Great job!

    Nan
    youcouldmakethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete