Monday, August 29, 2011

Super Hero Party!!!

This weekend my little destructor turned three! Everything in our house right now is all about super heros! My boys love them all! With their ages now (41/2 and 3) I thought it would be a great year to do a big party for my younger son. Our older son's birthday is in December and it is very difficult to do parties at that time of year for obvious reasons!:) But with their ages now the party was just as much if not more fun for the older one and the younger is too little to be selfish about his big day! :) 

Anyway, we did a Super Hero theme and I tried to make it as fun and imaginative for the kids as possible. I will share some of the party decor today and will share some of the games and other activities throughout the week.

A sign printed off of Pinterest hung on the front door.

We have a chalkboard door next to the kitchen and I added a simple cityscape with Superman's catch phrase.


Comic book bunting made with old comics found a vintage stock and ribbon went above the gift table.

A 3 decoupaged with more pages from the comic books.


Also taken from Pinterest balloons hung from the ceiling so I didn't have to use helium! Big cost saver!

I printed off some fun pictures of my little guy and framed them with inexpensive frames throughout.  I also framed the front pages of the comic books to add to the decor.  This trio was on the gift table.

My mom helped me wrap old boxes with plain black wrapping paper from Target and we made windows out of cut up cardstock. I had kept mine simple, but Mom took it up a notch and added the framing and an awning with Spiderman vinyl decals. 

We filled in areas with some of our Super hero toys to look like a little scene!

More toys, pictures and comic book covers.


I found the cutest cookie cutters at William Sonoma that cut the  Hulk, Spiderman, Iron Man and Captain America. I got the idea to color the dough so we wouldn't have to do a lot of decorating. My genius mom had the idea to mix the red and yellow dough together to make Iron Man!

This is a simple metal tray that I usually keep my coffee supplies on. I  ran some red ribbon through it and covered the bottom with yet more comic book pages and had a piece of glass cut o fit on top at Hobby Lobby. 

I designed the cupcake toppers using Word and yet again my mom came to the rescue by cutting them all out! We stacked them with circles cut from card stack and craft sticks to top the cupcakes. They say Zap Boom and Pow!


A bowl filled with ring pops and pop rocks surrounded by little Batman board books.  We also used some extra cupcake toppers to add some "zap". :)


I'll be back tomorrow with some fun game ideas!

Linking up to:

6 comments:

  1. That is one detailed party and I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great party! Saw you on linky party, now google following you, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a superhero party for my daughter and son to share this Saturday (daughter's birthday is Wednesday, son's birthday is Sept 2, but our out-of-town guests coming this Saturday won't be coming back for his in September, so we're combining, just like yuo)! I love some of your ideas and you executed them so well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is having a superhero themed baby shower thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great party ideas! I'm having a Super Hero party for my son in a month and appreciate the inspiration. :) Everything looked GREAT!

    ReplyDelete