Wednesday, February 23, 2011

4 year old inspired art and a new (to me) lamp

So, I had a bunch of these rocks laying around that I had used at some point in time sprinkled around candles in a centerpiece or something. You can buy them in a bag at the craft store or wal-mart pretty cheap. Anyway, my 4 year old found them the other day and had been playing with them. We were doing something in his room and I looked down and noticed that he had them neatly arranged in rows and I thought... "oooh, that looks really pretty!" Then I remembered that I had this shadow box in my craft room just waiting to be made over. The frame was silver, so I just sprayed it with a couple of coats of ORB because I wanted it dark to accent the rocks. Then I got out my trusty glue gun, arranged the rocks and that was that! I love the simple, natural look of it. That boy of mine is a genius! ;)


Wow! :)


In other news, I found this lamp on craigslist yesterday! It is a vintage pharmacy lamp. I think I am in love. I really wanted something that would come out over the chair a little to make for a nice reading "nook" in my office. I had found a lamp I liked at home goods but decided to wait. Now I am so glad I did!!

4 comments:

  1. I kind of feel like you're rubbing it in now. I love that lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lamp...and now I'm inspired by your art. My wheels are spinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful - I like both!!

    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little people have inspiring ideas too! I love the lamp and the chair!

    ReplyDelete